Applications for this degree programme must be submitted online via the Master’s degree programme portal of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. Students may commence this degree programme in the summer semester only. The deadline for submitting applications is 15 January for the summer semester.
Further information on your Master's application (such as the Master's degree program checklist) can be found on the website of the admissions office.
The formal requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a degree from a comparable degree programme.
Admission restriction: 30 places available
All applicants must prove they have gained a minimum number of (ECTS) Credit Points (CP) or completed an equivalent workload from the Bachelor’s degree programme covering the following training content:
Materials engineering (incl. plastics)
Electrical engineering and electronics
Business administration/cost accounting
Application documents required for admission:
- Proof of the successful completion of an appropriate university degree course including details of the average grade obtained (certified copy of the certificate is only required for enrollment)
- Diploma supplement Alternatively, a copy of the study and examination plan on which it is based or
- Module description (of the Bachelor's degree obtained) with an Internet address, where possible (this section does not apply to graduates of the Bachelor’s programme in mechanical engineering at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences)
- Form - application for admission to the “Resource Efficiency in Mechanical Engineering” Master's programme
Appendix to the application for admission
- Application without a degree certificate from a preceding Bachelor’s programme: Transcript of Records, which may not have been issued more than four weeks before the application deadline.
Applicants may be granted provisional admission on the basis of these documents. Note: The provisional admission can be revoked when the overall grade stated on the degree certificate is worse than the provisional overall grade calculated. If this means places on the programme then become available, a process may be implemented whereby applicants who were not initially considered move up the list.
Applicants with a degree from a foreign university
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences requires a university degree gained at a foreign university to be recognised by the Center for International Students at Constance University of Applied Sciences (Studienkolleg Konstanz).