Introduction to 3D printing
- Wednesday, 14 December 2022 from 14:00-15:30| Register here!
Where does the introductory course take place?
The MakerSpacES! is located in building 2 (S 02.014). The entrance is via the fire escape in the inner courtyard (Tiefhof) between buildings 1 and 2.
What are the contents of the introductory course?
- Basics of 3D printing
- Setting up the printer to get optimal prints
- Introduction to printing software (Cura)
- First small test prints
Questions that will be answered in this introductory course:
- How do I get to the 3D data model?
- What printer types are there and what are the differences?
- Which materials can be used?
- How do I operate a 3D printer (using the Ultimaker S5 as an example)?
- What problems can occur and what can I do to fix them?
What do I need for the introductory course?
- Own laptop
- Download Cura software
The associated Ultimaker Cura 3D print preparation software can be downloaded free of charge from the manufacturer's website.
Please note: Course language is German - English course on request