The Nursing (B.Sc.) degree programme is open to those with a university entrance qualification and focuses on practical clinical nursing care in hospitals, care homes and outpatient nursing services. The programme has both theoretical and practical phases and qualifies you to practise as a nurse.
During the seven-semester, full-time degree programme, students analyse scientific findings on nursing care and health care sciences, medicine, psychology, sociology, ethics, law, politics, business administration and ecology. Students are thus prepared for the diverse nursing tasks they will have to undertake.
Successful graduates will gain two qualifications at the end of the programme:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) as the academic degree
- State registered qualification as a nurse
- Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine at Eberhard Karl University of Tübingen
- University Hospital Tübingen
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
Graduates are able to take responsibility for providing professional nursing care to support and monitor people of all ages who are in need of care when they have fallen ill and/or had an accident. This means specifically:
- plan, coordinate, carry out, evaluate and document nursing care measures
- support people in need of care with their routine needs
- provide information, guidance, training and advice about a healthy lifestyle
- take over medically prescribed diagnostic and therapeutic measures
- perform life-saving emergency measures in emergencies
- recognise nursing care quality and medical errors
- research, read and apply research results
- work in a team together with medical and therapy staff in the health care system.
Basic training in nursing care at university level is currently possible at only a few locations in Germany. This innovative degree programme is offered at the Campus for health sciences Tübingen-Esslingen and involves the cooperation partners Eberhard Karl University of Tübingen, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences and University Hospital Tübingen.
Modules taught at the universities: the modules are taught at the Medical Faculty of Eberhard Karl University and at the Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. Both locations have good transport links.
Practical phases: the practical phases integrated into the programme are undertaken at University Hospital Tübingen as well as at further health and nursing care institutions in and around Tübingen and Esslingen.
Student Advisory Service
Student Advisory Service
Eberhard Karl University of Tübingen
School of Medicine
Coordination Bachelor's programme Nursing (B.Sc.)
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences
Esslingen Hilltop Campus