Nursing (B.Sc. and Professional Qualification)
DEGREE PROGRAMME PLUS PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
The Nursing (B.Sc.) degree programme is open to those with a university entrance qualification and focuses on practical clinical nursing care in hospitals, care homes and outpatient nursing services. The programme has both theoretical and practical phases and qualifies you to practise as a nurse.
During the seven-semester, full-time degree programme, students analyse scientific findings on nursing care and health care sciences, medicine, psychology, sociology, ethics, law, politics, business administration and ecology. Students are thus prepared for the diverse nursing tasks they will have to undertake.
Do you already hold a professional nursing qualification? The Nursing Management degree programme offered by Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is an interesting programme for those who have completed their professional nursing training.
Find out about the nursing degree programmes offered by Esslingen University of Applied Sciences: Virtual University Information Day on 18 November 2020, 09:00 to 14:00
Successful graduates will gain two qualifications at the end of the programme:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) as their academic degree
- State registered qualification as a nurse/nursing care specialist
- Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine at Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen
- University Hospital Tübingen
Graduates are able to take responsibility for providing professional nursing care to support and monitor people of all ages who are in need of care when they have fallen ill and/or had an accident. This means specifically:
- plan, coordinate, carry out, evaluate and document nursing care measures
- support people who require care with their routine needs
- provide information, guidance, training and advice about a healthy lifestyle
- take over medically prescribed diagnostic and therapeutic measures
- perform life-saving emergency measures in emergencies
- recognise nursing care quality and medical errors
- explore, read and apply research results
- work in a team together with medical staff and therapists in the health care system.
Tübingen and Esslingen join forces
Basic training in nursing care at university level is currently possible at only a few locations in Germany. This innovative degree programme is offered on the Tübingen-Esslingen campus for health sciences and involves the cooperation partners Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences and University Hospital Tübingen.
Theoretical training: The teaching takes place at the Medical Faculty of Eberhard Karls University and at the Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. There are good transport links to both locations.
Practical training: The practical phases integrated into the programme are undertaken at University Hospital Tübingen and also at further health care and nursing care facilities in and around Tübingen and Esslingen.
You can find answers to many other questions about the degree programme at www.pflegestudieren.de or in the FAQ.
Student Advisory Service
We are currently not able to offer our usual afternoon information sessions because of the measures which have been imposed to control the Covid pandemic.
The university is currently not taking part in any career fairs because of the measures which have been imposed to control the Covid pandemic.
We are currently not able to publish any dates for the taster courses.
Note: Insurance stipulations mean it is not possible to attend the taster lectures without prior registration. Further information can be found on the page for “Taster lectures”.
Virtual campus tour - “Let’s take a look!”
Student Advisory Service
Student Advisory Service
Eberhard Karl University of Tübingen
School of Medicine
Coordination Bachelor's programme Nursing (B.Sc.)
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences
Esslingen Hilltop Campus
Degree programme leaflet
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|Faculty||Social Work, Education and Nursing Sciences|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Application Periods||For the winter semester: up to July 15th|
|Information on admission requirements|
The deadline for the winter semester is 15 July.
It is a general degree programme, i. e. students are prepared for the nursing profession in all its settings. Taking this as your basis, you can then enhance your skills to suit your personal interests with specialisations in hospital nursing, paediatric nursing, or outpatient and inpatient geriatric nursing.
Practical phases: Each semester, practical phases are integrated into the study programme and are undertaken particularly in hospitals, care homes and in outpatient care facilities.
Application and Admission
Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
The Nursing (B.Sc.) degree programme starts in the winter semester of each year.
The programme offers a total of 60 places per year.
- Applications for this programme must be submitted to Tübingen University: Application process via the University of Tübingen website
- General university entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- Relevant subject-specific university entrance qualification or
- Foreign university entrance qualification which has been recognised as equivalent by the official authority responsible, or
- Restricted university entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife) with Delta examination certificate.
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Nursing (B.Sc. and Professional Qualification) (German Version)
Blau hinterlegte Module = Lernort Praxis.
Graduates take responsibility for providing professional clinical nursing care to people of all ages who are in need of care, particularly in:
- care homes
- outpatient care.
In a (possible) continuation Master programme, you can enhance your specialist and methodological knowledge with more in-depth scientific knowledge. Graduates with a Master’s degree may also go on to do doctoral studies.