Endowed professorships can be endowed by a company for a specified period of time (between 5 and 10 years).
Currently, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences has five endowed professorships:
- in the Faculty of Mechatronics and Electrical Engineering: "Electrically Powered Drives and Energy Efficiency" - endowed by the Goeppingen Kreissparkasse bank.
- in the Faculty of Automotive Engineering: "Electrified Drives for Commercial Vehicles" - endowed by the Daimler Fund of the German Donors Association for the Promotion of Knowledge (Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft).
- in the Faculty of Automotive Engineering: "Vehicle Design" - endowed by Porsche AG.
- in the Faculty of Automotive Engineering: "High Performance Drive Trains" - endowed by Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
- in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering: "Technology and Society" - endowed by the Educational Foundation of the Esslingen Kreissparkasse bank.
Tel. +49 (0) 711 397-3010