International Summer School Health Promotion
May, 16th - 20th 2022
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Health and Social Services Settings within the Participating Countries
We are glad to share the faculty-led Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) with our partner universities. The BIP includes both contact classes and virtual periods.
BIPs provide an opportunity to reach out to new groups of students, for example those in study fields where mobility opportunities have been limited or those who lack confidence to go abroad alone. The BIP is aimed in particular at students from the fields of public health, nursing, medicine, applied health sciences, physiotherapy, health economics, education and health-related social work.
Facts and Figures
THE PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES
- University of Balearic Islands / Universitat de les Illes Balears, UIB (Spain)
- Poznan University of Medical Sciences, PUMS / Uniwersytet Medyczny im. Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu (Poland)
- Howest University of Applied Sciences / Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen, HOWEST (Belgium)
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences / Fontys Hogescholen, FONTYS (Netherlands)
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover / Hochschule Hannover, HsH (Germany)
HOW MANY STUDENTS FROM EACH UNIVERSITY WILL PARTICIPATE?
Up to 10 students and 2 teachers per partner institution
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
The goal of the programme is for students to become more familiar with topics related to health promotion in different settings and nations, e.g. different approaches to health promotion, different health care systems and laws, innovative developments like the planetary health concept, and also the chance to optimize soft skills, e.g. time management, networking, etc.
WHAT SHOULD BIP PROMOTE?
- development of transnational and transdisciplinary networks and exchange
- innovative ways of learning and teaching and ideas for changes in curricula
- research-based learning
- experiential learning according to the principles of learning from each other and discussion-based joined thinking
- challenge-based approaches that tackle sustainable development in its societal, ecological and economic aspects
- online collaboration
- personal development of professionals’ skills and attitudes
HOW MANY ECTS WILL BE AWARDED?
WHAT IS THE WORKLOAD FOR THE STUDENTS?
Total: 75 hours
- 32 hours in attendance at Summer School week
- 43 hours preparation / self-learning/ reflection in blended format
Students prepare for presentations and workshops which will take place at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. The topics are related to health promotion in different settings and nations from different professional groups providing Healthcare. During the preparation phase, regular video conferences are held between the students and the professors involved at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences.
Students prepare individual reflections and discuss competencies achieved.
On-Site period at Esslingen University
16th to 20th May 2022 (arrival 15th May, departure 21st May)
During this phase, the students will take part in presentations, workshops and field trips related to health promotion in different settings and nations, where the understanding of health promotion will be deepened.
5 day programme each with a different focus
- Day I: Welcome to Esslingen, Getting to know each other, Health Promotion and Student Health Management at the University of Applied Sciences Esslingen, Presentations of Health Systems of the Countries taking part
- Day II: Health Promotion in the Context of Covid 19 Pandemic
- Day III: Health Promotion at Workplace and in Training and Education
- Day IV: Health Promotion regarding Individual Health Topics
- Day V: Health Promotion in Cities and Communities, Evaluation, Farewell
Accompanying programme: Poster Exhibition on 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations
- Walk through Campus Flandernstraße and Peer to Peer with Students from the Student Council (Fachschaft SABP)
- Welcome Dinner: Barbecue
- City Tour
- Field trips to Health Promotion Locations in Esslingen
- International Night
- Farewell Dinner: Biergarten/Beer Garden
Esslingen (next airport Stuttgart is 30 minutes away by bus)
DATES OF ATTENDANCE PERIOD
16th May to 20th May 2022 (arrival 15th May, departure 21st May)
The BIP will be held in English.
There are no fees.
Travel costs, accommodation and living expenses are covered by the participants. The sending partner universities from EU countries can use their Erasmus KA131 funds for the mobilities of their participants.
Accomodation for students is organized.
Several rooms at ECOINN Hotel, which is next to Campus Stadtmitte, have been reserved. Since opening in 2009, it has been the hotel with the lowest CO2 footprint per overnight stay, generating its own energy and using sustainable materials.
The rooms are very modern and comfortable with fast WIFI, TV, Tablet and bathroom. A breakfast with regional and organic groceries is provided in the morning. Two to four students have to share a room.
Please follow the link to see the hotel: https://www.ecoinn.de/en/
ACADEMIC PROJECT COORDINATORS
Interesse geweckt? Bewirb Dich! für das Wintersemester 2023/24
Jetzt informieren!Bewerbung und Einschreibung