If you are looking for a final project and would like to gain some insights into empirical economic research - you have come to the right place!
We provide our students with exciting final projects which are of practical relevance and integrated into one of our research projects. You will be a valuable and fully fledged member of one of our research teams and be able to use all the creativity and know-how you possess to develop your potential.
Eight good reasons to write your final thesis at the CMI!
- You receive individual and personal supervision according to your needs from the technical project manager.
- You and your supervisor will define the key aspects of your final project, which will be in line with your strengths.
- The hours of work can be arranged to be very flexible and you have the option of mobile working.
- As you work on your final project, our staff will support and guide you through the whole formal procedure.
- The principal and second examiners are decided right at the start and are your exclusive contact persons.
- Our research topics are of great practical relevance for businesses. This significantly enhances your chances of finding your first job.
- If your final thesis is very good, you will have the opportunity to co-author a publication. This enhances your reputation and looks good on your CV.
- For your work at the Institute, you will be employed as a research assistant, if possible, and be paid for your work accordingly.
Follow this link for more information about our current research projects!
Current supervision of final projects:
The CMI research team is interested in all Master students on the Innovation Management degree programme as well as Bachelor students with a very good grade average.
What do we expect from a graduate at the CMI?
First of all, it is important that you enjoy scientific work, i.e. that you want to study a topic in greater depth and that you are not afraid of books, specialist literature and academic articles. Scientific work requires solid literature research before you can start with the interviews or written surveys which make up your empirical work. You should enjoy this literature research, because this is the only way to be really good and successful.
It would be ideal if you think the statements below apply to you:
- You find it fascinating to undertake in-depth studies of research topics
- You don’t have a problem with reading scientific papers in English as well.
- You don’t see literature searches as a boring necessity.
- You work in a structured, systematic and careful way.
- Citing references and quotes correctly is a tool of your trade.
- You are motivated and can contribute your own ideas to our research project.
- You are reliable and can meet deadlines.
If you would like to write your final thesis at the CMI and fulfill the requirements...
... you are welcome to send us your application for a final project!
Your application should include the following documents.
- Up-to-date transcript of records
- Cover letter* (as email)
*The cover letter should contain the following information:
- Preferred date to start the final project and planned end
- Your motivation for wanting to be involved in the current research project
- Fields of interest (e.g. agile methods, organisation, development processes ...)
Please send your application by email to Professor Vahs and Mr. Dunst, MSc.