Applications for this programme must be submitted online via the application portals for Master’s degree courses at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences. Applications for the summer semester must have been received by 15 January.
Information on the accompanying documents which must be submitted can be found in the checklist for Master’s programmes.
Students may commence this degree programme in the summer semester only.
The formal requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in automotive engineering/mechanical engineering/mechatronics or a related discipline as long as 50 points were gained in the subject-specific competence.
Admission restriction: 40 programme places
Maximum number of places per specialisation: 12
Composition of the selection grade:
The selection grade is made up as follows: 33% from the subject-specific competence and 67% from the final grade for the Bachelor’s programme.
The maximum number of points which can be taken into account for the subject-specific competence is determined by the Admissions Committee. The maximum number of points which can be taken into account for each subject is given in the table below:
Electrical engineering and metrology
Structural mechanics 1
Structural mechanics 2
Information technology or electrical engineering 2
Design engineering 1
Design engineering 2
Design engineering 3
Motor vehicles 1
Motor vehicles 2
Technical mechanics 1
Technical mechanics 2
Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics 1
Other technical subjects
The Credits gained are added together. A maximum of 100 points can be achieved. The number of points (P) is converted into an index (K).
Formula for the subject-specific competence: K = -0.06*P+7
Application documents required for admission
- Proof of the successful completion of an appropriate university degree course including details of the average grade obtained (certified copy of the certificate in German or English
- Diploma Supplement : alternatively, a copy of the study and examination plan on which it is based or
- Module description with an Internet address, where possible (This section does not apply to graduates of the Bachelor’s programme in automotive engineering at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences.)
- Form - Appendix to the online application for admission to the Master’s programme in automotive engineering:
- Appendix to the online application for admission to the Master’s programme in automotive engineering
Application without a degree certificate from a preceding programme of study
- Transcript of Records, which must have been issued not more than four weeks before the application deadline
- Written confirmation from the university or faculty of:
- (overall) average grade achieved to date
- longer-term average of the final grades for the degree programme. Applicants must have obtained their Bachelor’s degree before they commence their Master’s programme
- applicants may be granted provisional admission on the basis of these documents. Note: The provisional admission can be revoked when the overall grade stated on the degree certificate is worse than the provisional overall grade calculated. If this means places on the programme then become available, a process may be implemented whereby applicants who were not initially considered move up the list.
Applicants who obtained their degree at a foreign university
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences requires a university degree gained at a foreign university to be recognised by the Center for International Students at Constance University of Applied Sciences (Studienkolleg Konstanz).