Nursing Sciences (M.A.)
Nursing sciences - a research-oriented Master’s degree
The degree programme qualifies you to plan, design and evaluate nursing care services on a scientific basis. The programme is structured so as to equip you with the skills to analyse, critically examine and evaluate social science research in the discipline-specific context of nursing sciences, and also from an interdisciplinary and a trans-disciplinary perspective.
The prime objectives are to:
- teach and expand students’ knowledge of the current status of social science research as it relates to nursing care
- analyse and critically examine current social science research methods and strategies and their application to issues in the nursing sciences
- learn about and develop research, evaluation and planning tools which can be used for the promotion of quality in the nursing profession and for quality management in health care
- apply the knowledge gained and the methods and tools learned to the analysis of current challenges in the nursing sciences and practical nursing care
- plan, undertake and write up your own research or development project.
This full-time programme awards 90 Credits (workload 750 hrs per semester).
The master programme can be organised individually and allows for an accompanying professional activity.
From the winter semester 2022/23, lectures will be offered on 3 fixed days (probably Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) per week.
Please send any questions you may have about the degree programme to:
Degree programme leaflet
Committed to Climate Action — Member of the Nursing School Commitment Working Group, HCWH Europe
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Master of Arts (M.A.)|
|Faculty||Social Work, Education and Nursing Sciences|
|Campus||Esslingen Hilltop Campus|
|Number of semesters||3|
|Language of instruction||German|
For the winter semester: Direct enrolment from 15 April until 15 September
|Information on admission requirements|
Research and innovation in nursing care
Application and Admission
This degree programme is free of admission (without NC) and you can enrol directly.
Information on the accompanying documents which must be submitted can be found in the
Checklist for Master programmes.
Students may commence this degree programme in the winter semester only.
Additional documents which must be submitted with your application:
Applicants with a degree from a foreign university
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences requires a university degree gained at a foreign university to be recognised by the Center for International Students at Constance University of Applied Sciences (Studienkolleg Konstanz).
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Nursing Sciences (M.A.) (German Version)
With a Master of Nursing Sciences: Research and Innovation in Nursing you can:
- work as a research assistant at a university, institute, funding body or service provider
- take on management functions at service providers (hospitals, nursing care institutions)
- take on management functions in schools (e.g. vocational colleges for the nursing professions)
- provide education and advanced training
- work as a nursing care expert at service providers or funding bodies
- undertake advisory functions
- go on to undertake doctoral studies.