Die Fakultät Wirtschaft und Technik bietet regelmäßig einen Vollzeit-Kurs in den Semesterferien zum Thema "Technisches Wissen/Intensive Technical Knowledge" an. Wir bieten die Vorlesungen im Online Format über Webex an, ebenso die Prüfung am Ende der beiden Wochen findet online statt.
- Anmeldung leider bereits beendet
- Selbstlernphase ab 11.07.
- live Übungen über Webex: ab 25.07.
- Prüfung: 05.08.
Besonders für Schüler und Studieninteressierte ist der Kurs eine gute Möglichkeit, den Studienalltag zu erleben UND sich bei Bestehen der Prüfung 6 Credits für das nachfolgende Studium an der Hochschule Esslingen zu verdienen. Organisatorisch ist der Kurs ähnlich angelegt wie ein Mathe- oder Physik-Vorkurs, mit dem jeder Studieninteressierte seine Lücken im technisch/mathematischen Bereich schließen kann.
Außerdem richtet sich unser Block Seminar, ähnlich wie eine Summer/Winter School, an ausländische Studierende, die bisher nur wenige und keine technischen Kurse besucht haben, sondern ein wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Studium absolvieren. Ehe sie ihr Auslandssemester in Esslingen machen können, bringen wir sie mit dem Block Seminar auf den Wissensstand in Technik unserer Studierenden, die bei uns TECHNISCHE BWL studieren.
Vor allem für Studierende unserer Partnerhochschule Gannon, USA, ist das Block Seminar Pflicht, damit sie vor ihrem Semester in Esslingen technisches Wissen erlangen und so ihren Doppelabschluß in internationale technische BWL an der HE erreichen können.
Da ein Großteil der Teilnehmer Studierende aus aller Welt sind, findet der Kurs komplett in englisch statt.
Jakov Cordas von der Bjelovar University of Applied Sciences in Bjelovar, Ungarn ist begeistert von unserem Kurs:
"The winter block seminar was an interesting experience which showed me how much I know or don't know about material science and processing, statics and international exchange. The lecturers, Mr Hoover and Ms Bot-Schulz, approached the current problem of Zoom-lectures with much care and creativity using every tool at their disposal to make our learning as easy and effective as possible. I'm more than grateful for their effort. Materials that were used in lectures (presentation, pdf) were very useful to me. I can confidently recommend this block seminar to anyone who does not have an engineering background, but also to non-native English speakers: I think this seminar is an excellent 'learning tool' to improve your English skills."
Und letztes Semester war Natalee Stinebiser von der Gannon University, USA, dabei:
The summer block seminar of Material Science/Processing and Statics was an eye-opening experience. Through this, I had the opportunity to learn more about subjects that I did not have much knowledge about in a short amount of time and how they can be applied to my studies as a business student. I believe that the professors, Mr. Hoover and Ms. Bot-Schulz, were very creative in how they approached the online classes, especially with the COVID-19 pandemic, and quite helpful when we had questions regarding the subject matter and examinations. They also had an easy system, where we could access the class materials prior to the lecture and then ask questions during class time. I would recommend this to students if they are looking to learn a lot of information in a short amount of time!
Unser nächstes Block-Seminar findet statt
in der vorlesungsfreien Zeit im Sommer 2022: 25. Juli bis 5. August 2022 .
Eine Online-Einführungsveranstaltung und der Selbst-Studium Teil beginnt bereits 2 Wochen vorher, also 11. Juli 2022.
Sommer Block Seminar "Technische Grundlagen"
- alle Kurse sind auf Bachelor Niveau, Vollzeit und bringen dem Studierenden bei Bestehen 6 ECTS
- Kursinhalte werden auf Moodle bereitgestellt
- die anschließenden live-Online Meetings finden in Webex statt und bauen auf den zuvor angeschauten Videos etc. auf
- Kursthemen sind:
- Fundamentals of Material Science and their application in Vehicle and Mechanical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Statics and Strength Theory and their application in Vehicle and Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology and its application in Vehicle and Mechanical Engineering
- Die Online Prüfung findet als open book Online Test statt.
All courses have a self-learning part with the videos and additionally an extra live part for the exercises which is taught online via Webex Meetings. We use Moodle as Learning Management System.
So your work starts 2 weeks before the actual start of the seminar, because you need to watch the provided videos and get to know the content. During the live sessions you are able to ask questions, do exercises with the lecturers and consolidate your knowledge.
- Please before registration watch the introduction video thoroughly!
- Shortly after your registration you will receive an invitation to an introduction session with possibility for FAQs.
- self learning time: starting 11th July
- live online exercises: starting 25th July
- exam: 5th August
We prepared a short video which presents the topics.
- learn the six main groups of manufacturing processes (casting, forming, separating, joining, coating, modifying material properties)
- get to know the subcategories of the first three main groups of manufacturing processes (casting, forming, separating)
- learn both traditional and innovative processes and their respective characteristics
- identify boundary conditions for the technical and economical use of processes
- assemble several manufacturing processes to process chains for typical automotive components in tasks
- understand the relationship of Manufacturing Technology to Material Science and Statics and Strength
- understand the structure of atoms and how the major crystal structures are build
- be introduced to important materials and their construction, properties, meaning and applicability with a focus on ferrous materials
- understand the relationship between internal structure and their effect on functional properties of materials
- assess opportunities to further process materials
- understand the possibilities and limitations of different material groups
Statics and Strength of Materials
- analyze systems of forces (decomposition and assembly of forces)
- recognize and calculate the resulting effect of multiple forces and torques
- mathematically and graphically determine unknown forces in even central force systems
- determine unknown forces in even general force systems
- calculate internal stresses in components for the base load cases
- understand and assess component’s failure mechanisms
You need sufficient command of the English language as well as basic mathematical knowledge.
All courses have a self-learning part before the exam takes place. Additionally, a live part for the exercises which is taught online via Webex Meetings. We use Moodle as Learning Management System.
Videos have to be watched before an exercise. They are available one week before the course starts. The online meetings with the lecturer built on the videos, you can ask questions and consolidate your knowledge.
How does the exam take place?
it will be an open book exam, which will take place online. You need a reliable internet connection, a camera and a microphone on your computer. During a live online meeting, you will receive the exam paper in the moodle course. After filling in all answers, you upload your exam into the moodle course.
How many credits can I earn?
total credits: 6 ECTS
- Material Science 2 ECTS
- Manufacturing Technology 2 ECTS
- Statics and Strength of Materials 2 ECTS
Do I have to finish the whole seminar including all three courses?
For TBB, TAB and Gannon students all three courses have to be passed. A certificate will be given after the course has been successfully passed.
I am an international student - can I take the exams at my home university?
It is an live online open book exam, you can do it anywhere. You just need a stable internet connection, camera and microphone. And you should be alone in the room in order to work concentrated.
How much does the seminar cost?
We charge nothing, it is free of charge.
How are the courses taught?
We offer a hybrid lecture model. The theory of the seminar is offered through videos that can be viewed via Moodle – exercises are mandatory and are offered live online.
I am an international student – how does the exam take place?
The exam takes place in an online format. You need a good and stable internet connection, a web cam and a printer.
The time frame for registration will be announced in advance to each block seminar. Registration for 2022 is closed.
If there are question, please contact Christiane Höger-Riedel
International Coordination Outgoings and Incomings
Faculty of Management and Technology
University of Applied Sciences
D - 73732 Esslingen