As an external user, you have restricted use of the library. You can register for a free library card at the customer service desk on production of your ID card, your current address, or your passport containing proof of your current address.
The library card is valid for the Esslingen University libraries on the Flandernstrasse campus and the Göppingen campus. There is no library on the Esslingen City Centre campus. You can order media to be transferred from Esslingen to Göppingen and vice versa.
Your library card automatically provides you with a library account, which you can use to manage your media online (e.g. extend a loan, make a reservation or cancel documents you have ordered).
username: 50XXXXXXXX (number on your library card)
password: dd.mm.yyyy (your birthday in the German way)
The following conditions apply:
- A maximum of 10 media may be borrowed at any one time.
- Loan period: four weeks, with a maximum of five extensions (as long as no-one else has reserved the medium)
- The following are not lent out: journals, media from the reference holdings, Diplom/ Bachelor and Master theses undertaken at the university
- You do not have access to electronic media
- Media which cannot be borrowed can be used in the library itself. Coin-operated copiers and (free) book scanners are available.