We, at the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, meet our societal responsibilities to protect the environment. We are committed to raise consciousness for environmental matters and assign them a high priority. We are a driving force as well as setting a good example. In all the areas of our University, ecological aspects are taken into account.
By means of structured and transparent environmental management and regular checks, we strive to improve continually. We want to use resources sparingly, reduce negative environmental impacts, and promote sustainable development above and beyond legal requirements.
To increase environmental awareness, we will
- integrate environmental protection criteria and sustainable development aspects in teaching, studying and research,
- communicate the topic of environmental protection through information, instruction and training,
- engage in active dialogue with the public, especially at local and regional levels,
- develop and transfer scientific environmental competences in collaboration with politics, the industry and commerce, and associations,
- support and encourage environmental engagement among all members of the university.
In our use of resources, we will
- pay attention to economy and efficiency,
- strengthen the idea of a recycling economy,
- reduce our consumption of primary raw materials,
- reduce emissions and waste that are damaging to the environment and health,
- optimise existing equipment and assess new projects and construction activities according to their environmental impact,
- take ecological aspects into account in acquisition and disposal,
- document and monitor the flow of all materials and resources.
We, all the members of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, communicate with each other and are engaged in achieving these goals.