Please read the information on applications and get your application portfolio ready in advance.
New students and students who are already enrolled at a university can apply.
The next application period for the next academic year begins in the forthcoming summer semester. The exact date will be announced soon. Applications can only be made via the online application portal which is only activated during the application period. Any applications which arrive late or are incomplete cannot be considered.
All the necessary documents and certificates should be prepared (as PDF1 and PDF2) so that your online application can be properly carried out!
You will be informed about the results of the selection procedure around mid-October. Your sponsorship will be back-dated to the beginning of the winter semester.
Covering letter and C.V.
Your documents have to be divided into 2 PDFs!
Designation: Family Name_First Name _ pdf1 and Family Name_First Name _ pdf2.
Each PDF may have a maximum of 10 MB.
The PDFs should be uploaded as part of the online application procedure.
- PDF 1: Family Name_First Name_pdf1
- Covering letter comprising one side (alongside top grades, students may be awarded the Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship if they have shown social commitment and attained special personal achievements)
- C.V. in table form
- PDF 2: Family Name_First Name_pdf2
- Form Declaration on submitted information /personal data (german)
- Current enrolment certificate (student applicants can submit this later)
- Current academic record showing the student’s academic achievements to date; new students should submit their university entrance certificates; foreign applicants should submit a translation and conversion of their grades into the German grading system.
- Master’s students should submit their Bachelor’s degree certificate; foreign applicants should submit a translation and conversion of their grades into the German grading system.
- Documentary evidence of:
- Special achievements
- out-of-school and non-academic commitment such as voluntary work
- special personal or family circumstances