Nora Lämmel, M.A. (Projektkoordination)
Jutta Mohr, B.Sc., M.A.
Isabelle Riedlinger, M.A.
Dorothee Müller, B.A.
Tanja Höß, B.A.
ZAFH - ZENTRUM FÜR ANGEWANDTE FORSCHUNG AN HOCHSCHULEN FÜR ANGEWANDTE WISSENSCHAFTEN
- Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten
- Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung e.V. Tübingen
- Katholische Hochschule Freiburg
- Welcome Center Sozialwirtschaft Baden-Württemberg
- Berufsgenossenschaft für Gesundheitsdienst und Wohlfahrtspflege
The objective of ZAFH care4care is to investigate innovative strategies for staff recruitment, retention and development in nursing care by involving all players in the care provision process. The project investigates the need for skilled staff in nursing care by examining the structures, relationships and options for action from the perspectives of nursing care facilities, staff and recipients in Baden-Württemberg – thereby taking regional characteristics into account, too.
To be able to process the complex range of topics in a differentiated way, the sub-projects planned address a total of three fields of activity:
- Field of activity I: Keep existing skilled staff in the nursing profession
- Field of activity II: Recruit new skilled staff and develop new potentials
- Field of activity III: Enhance the attractiveness of the nursing profession
As the coordinating university, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is addressing activity fields I and II. Within the sub-projects being dealt with by the University, the issues are particularly the personnel policy of the facility and the structural and social policy framework within which it operates. The objectives of the sub-projects at Esslingen University are:
- Develop a strategy for systematic staff recruitment, retention and development taking into account the socio-political framework necessary for this.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with the diversity in the specialist fields, backgrounds and culture of nursing staff in view of the complex and different requirements and demands placed on professional nursing care
- Specific information on how to further develop the occupational profile of nursing care, differentiate it into various levels and forms of qualification, and hone its professional profile in the context of inter-professional collaboration.
To make it possible to achieve these objectives, an empirical approach using three different methods was selected: expert interviews, Delphi survey and case studies from service providers. All the results of the different approaches are closely intermeshed with each other and referenced to each other in each case. Ideas for further survey phases will be gained from this in each case.
Further information about ZAFH care4care can be found on the website www.zafh-care4care.de