Nursing Teacher Education (B.A.)
Nursing Teacher Education
The degree programme trains students in didactics and also equips them with the nursing and specialist skills they need to work in Nursing Teacher Education. The teaching focuses on the curricula of Nursing Teacher Education, the nursing sciences, their current research findings, tools and methods in equal measure. It is supplemented by material from the health sciences, and thus provides you not only with teaching expertise, but also the indispensable specialist and scientific foundations for teaching, instruction and practical guidance at the same time.
On graduation, you can plan, carry out and evaluate teaching and learning processes in vocational and advanced training and further education on the basis of sound scientific principles and so as to be target-group specific and context related. You advise and support trainees and apprentices, and nurses too, in their further education and advanced training, and are involved in advisory and quality development processes in educational and training institutions.
Virtual campus tour - “Let’s take a look!”
This degree programme awards 210 Credits (workload 750 hrs per semester).
Please send any questions you may have about the degree programme to:
Degree programme leaflet
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Arts|
|Faculty||Social Work, Education and Nursing Sciences|
|Campus||Esslingen Hilltop Campus|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Application Periods||For the winter semester: up to July 15th|
|Information on admission requirements|
Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Information on the admission requirements and application procedure can be found on the pages which describe the application process for our Bachelor programmes.
Applicants for this degree programme must have completed their vocational training for example as a:
- geriatric care assistant
- paediatric nurse
- nursing care professional.
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Nursing Teacher Education (B.A.) (German Version)
With a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Teacher Education you can:
- teach at schools of nursing
- provide instruction and conceptualise tasks in practical nursing training
- teach in-house further education and advanced training courses
- undertake quality development at schools, and also for funding providers and institutions
- Teachers at public-sector vocational schools in Germany are expected to have a Master’s degree. At Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, you can continue with a Master’s degree in nursing.