Nursing Sciences (M.A.)
NURSING SCIENCES - A RESEARCH-ORIENTED MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
The degree programme qualifies you to plan, design and evaluate nursing care services on a scientific basis. The programme is structured so as to equip you with the skills to analyse, critically examine and evaluate social science research in the discipline-specific context of the nursing sciences, but also from an interdisciplinary and a trans-disciplinary perspective.
The goals of the degree programme are primarily to:
- teach and expand students’ knowledge of the current status of social science research as it relates to nursing care
- analyse and critically examine current social science research methods and strategies and their application to issues in the nursing sciences
- learn about and develop research, evaluation and planning tools which can be used to promote quality in the nursing profession and for quality management in health care
- apply the knowledge gained and the methods and tools learned to the analysis of current challenges in the nursing sciences and practical nursing care
- plan, undertake and write up the student’s own research or development project
This full-time degree course awards 90 Credits (workload 750 hrs per semester).
For the winter semester 2020/21, lectures are offered on 3 fixed days per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Please send any questions you may have about the degree programme to:
Degree programme leaflet
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Master of Arts|
|Faculty||Social Work, Health Care and Nursing Sciences|
|Campus||Esslingen Hilltop Campus|
|Number of semesters||3|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Application Periods||For the summer semester: up to January 15th|
Application and Admission
Applications for this degree programme must be submitted online via the Master’s degree programme portal of Esslingen University of Applied Sciences.
The deadline for submitting applications is 15 July for the winter semester.
Information on the documents which must be submitted can be found in the checklist for Master's programmes PDF (German)
Students may commence this degree programme in the winter semester only.
Additional documents which must be submitted with your application:
- Appendix (additional page) to the application for admission PDF (German)
- Information on the application and the selection procedure PDF (German)
Applicants with a degree from a foreign university
Esslingen University of Applied Sciences requires a university degree gained at a foreign university to be recognised by the Center for International Students at Constance University of Applied Sciences (Studienkolleg Konstanz).
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Nursing Sciences (M.A.) (German Version)
With a Master of Nursing Sciences: Research and Innovation in Nursing you can:
- work as a research assistant at a university, institute, funding body or service provider
- take on management functions at service providers (hospitals, nursing care institutions)
- take on management functions in schools (e.g. vocational colleges for the nursing professions)
- work in vocational training, further education and advanced training
- be employed as a nursing care expert at service providers or funding bodies
- undertake advisory functions
- go on to undertake doctoral studies