MechatronicsCom (B.Eng.) - cooperative study model
MECHATRONICSCOM - THE COOPERATIVE STUDY MODEL
The MechatronicsCom programme is a fusion of university study and practical industrial experience. The programme was developed in conjunction with industrial partners and is now being implemented in a great many companies such as Bosch, BMW, Siemens, Mahle, TTS-Tooltechnik, Tesat and WMF.
Unlike students on a conventional degree course, those enrolled in the MechatronicsCom study programme receive financial support and continue to be employed by a company.
Be proactive - get in touch with us and with your Personnel Department and ask about this study option.
Numerous companies have signed up to the MechatronicsCom dual study model - and some have adopted their own particular name for it. These include BMW (Speed Up - the BMW Bachelor degree programme), Bosch (degree course incorporating practical experience), Siemens ("Ing @ Siemens"), Mahle ("MahleFix"), TTS Tooltechnic, Amphenol, Hoerbiger, ThyssenKrupp, Tesat - to name but a few.
Degree programme leaflet
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)|
|Faculty||Mechatronics and Electrical Engineering|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
For the summer semester: up to January 15thFor the winter semester: up to July 15th
|Information on admission requirements|
Für das Studium MechatronikCom benötigen Sie eine Hochschulzugangsberechtigung und die Zusage eines Partnerunternehmens.
Je nach Unternehmen studieren Sie in einem der drei Studiengänge der Fakultät in Göppingen:
Integrated practical placement and study model (MechatronicsCom)
The MechatronicsCom model of study is open to anyone who holds a restricted university entrance qualification (equivalent to German Fachhochschulreife). It is backed by companies which offer a dual study model at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences in Göppingen and provides the students accepted on the course with financial support. Skilled workers already working in a company thus have the opportunity to gain further qualifications (e.g. Bosch/PSM model) and school leavers can also benefit (e.g. BMW/SpeedUp model).
- Skilled workers with university entrance qualification
- School leavers with a restricted university entrance certificate (equivalent to German Fachabitur)
- School leavers with a German Abitur (general university entrance qualification)
Application process - apply for the programme in three easy steps
1) Find out from your instructor or your Personnel Department whether your company offers this model.
2) Sign the agreement with your company. At the same time, apply to Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Göppingen campus) for the degree course you wish to take (e.g. Mechatronics) preferably to start in the winter semester. The deadline for all applications is 15 July for programmes starting in the winter semester (and 15 January for the summer semester).
3) Degree programmes normally start in October each year (winter semester).
Programmes offered by MechatronicsCom partner companies
Further partners for MechatronicsCom
Technical specialist or manager:
- dual study model with an industrial company
- financial security while you study
- duration of degree programme not extended
- alternating phases of theory and practice
- very good career prospects in your company on completing your studies