The bachelor's programme for all-rounders
Mechatronics examines how different disciplines interact with each other, with the aim of ensuring that technical systems are functional.
The range of tasks involved in mechatronics is very broad and graduates have very good career prospects.
B.Eng. in Mechatronics (MTB): Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Minuth
Mechatronics Plus/Bachelor MPK or MTBplus: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerd Wittler
get to know Esslingen University
Student fairs: come and meet us at student fairs in the Stuttgart and Göppingen region.
Open House on 16 November 2022: find out more about our bachelor's programmes.
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)|
|Faculty||Management and Technology|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
For the summer semester: from 24 October to 15 January
For the winter semester: from April 25th to July 15th
|Information on admission requirements|
New: a qualifying practical experience is no longer required.
|Continuing Master Programs||Mechatronik/ Systems Engineering (M.Eng.)|
Smart Factory - Industry 4.0 (M.Eng.)
Application and Admission
Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Information on the admission requirements and application procedure can be found on the pages which describe the application process for our bachelor programmes.
- New: a qualifying practical experience is no longer required.
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Mechatronics (B.Eng.) (German Version)
Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPO, in German)
- Current version of the programme-specific Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPO, in German) Stand vom 06.07.2022, gültig für Einschreibungen ab Sommersemester 2023
- Complete Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (in German) Bachelor nichtamtliche Lesefassung, Stand vom 23.11.2022
- You find the complete list of all Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPOs, in German) in the intranet.
Technical specialist or manager in:
- the mechanical engineering sector and mechatronics companies
- the automotive industry and its suppliers
- medical engineering and the optical industry
- communications and safety engineering
- metrology and control engineering.