The study programme for all-rounders
Mechatronics examines how a number of disciplines interact with each other with the aim of ensuring that technical systems are functional.
The range of tasks involved in mechatronics is very broad and engineers are assured of good career prospects.
Degree programme leaflet
- Guilty until summer term 2020: Mechatronics (B.Eng.)
- Guilty from winter term 2020/21: Mechatronics (B.Eng.)
Programme Coordination:Prof. Dr.-Ing. Markus Ledermann
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)|
|Faculty||Management and Technology|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
For the summer semester: up to January 15thFor the winter semester: up to July 15th
|Information on admission requirements|
New: from WS 2020/21 pre-degree practical experience is no longer required!
|Continuing Master Programs||Mechatronik/ Systems Engineering (M.Eng.)|
Smart Factory - Industry 4.0 (M.Eng.)
Automotive Systems (M. Eng.)
Application and Admission
Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Information on the admission requirements and application procedure can be found on the pages which describe the application process for our Bachelor programmes.
- New: as of WS 2020/21 pre-degree practical experience is no longer required!
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Mechatronics (B.Eng.) (German Version)
Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPO, in German)
- Current version of the programme-specific Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPO, in German) Stand vom 20.05.2019, gültig für Einschreibungen ab Wintersemester 2020-21
- Complete Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (in German) Bachelor nichtamtliche Lesefassung, Stand vom 27.01.2021
- You find the complete list of all Degree Programme and Examination Regulations (SPOs, in German) in the intranet.
Technical specialist or manager in:
- the mechanical engineering sector and mechatronics companies
- the automotive industry and its suppliers
- medical engineering and the optical industry
- communications and safety engineering
- metrology and control engineering.