DUE TO COVID-RELATED CHANGES TO OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS, THE APPLICATION PERIOD WILL COMMENCE ON 2 NOVEMBER.
If you have questions about the application process, please see our application FAQs
I. Pre-Application: as of 2 november 2020
Step 1: Completely Fill Out the Online Application
Each page of the online application form must be completely filled out. When the online application is complete, please lock your file and save it as a pdf.
Step 2: Create one pdf document out of your
- Application Attachment 3: 1 letter of motivation, and
- The data report from the online application.
Step 3: Email that pdf file to
The subject of your email should be ONLY your programme ID.
Your email must contain the line "In sending this email, I personally confirm that all the information in the attached files is correct. I understand that if I have included any false information in my application, I render myself ineligible for the Graduate School programmes."
Your email must be received in time for the pre-application process to be completed and to give you time, if applicable, to send in all further application documentation in Level 2 of the application process before 31 March 2021.
Please be aware that we cannot accept applications mailed to a different email address.
Step 4: Request your recommenders to email us the recommendation forms (Application Attachments 1A and 1B)
These should be emailed, with your programme ID in the subject line (GSxxxxx_Rec), to
- The subject of your email is ONLY your programme ID.
- The pdf attachment is not bigger than 1 MB.
- You have emailed your pre-application in good time and including the sentence "In sending this email, I personally confirm that all the information in the attached files is correct. I understand that if I have included any false information in my application, I render myself ineligible for the Graduate School programmes."
- You have informed your recommenders to write your programme ID in the email subject line when they send your recommendations.
If the above points are not fulfilled, we can not consider your application for admission.
When they have been received, your documents will undergo a primary review by the Admissions Committee. You will then be informed if you will take part in the next level of admissions, and how to proceed with your application.
II. LEVEL 2 APPLICATION: FURTHER DOCUMENTS, RECEIVED BY 31 MArch 2021
If you are asked to take part in Level 2 of the application process, you will need to send in the following documents:
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended (certified copies)
- Graduation diploma from each college or university attended (certified copies)
- Proof of English language proficiency (not necessary for Indian applicants)
- We require one of the following tests:
- International TOEFL score of at least 530 paper-based, 197 computer-based, 71 internet-based (our code: 1680)
- An academic IELTS score of at least 6.0
- OPT test 75 points
- Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE)
- We do not accept the institutional TOEFL.
- Native English speakers and applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree in English (certification from university) are exempt from the English language test.
- Original APS for all applicants whose first degree is from PR China, Vietnam or Mongolia (www.aps.org.cn)
Step 3: include all application attachments
Applicants must also include the remaining forms from the Application Attachments with their Level 2 application:
- Transcript Evaluation Form
- Curriculum Vitae
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE with the Acrobat Reader, and then fill in the form as far as possible at the computer. You should fill out your programme ID, as well as all attachments except the Recommendation Forms and the Transcript Evaluation Form on line.
When you have typed in your data, please pdf it ad have thecommendation Forms and the Transcript Evaluation Forms filled in as instructed.
Add Supporting Documents
- Documents proving basic knowledge of the German language, at Level A1 (CEFR) or higher
- Any other documents that would allow us to evaluate you more fully