Engineering Education Automotive Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc.)
Engineering Education Automotive Engineering - Mechanical Engineering FMP (B.Sc.)
Learn to develop innovations
Now more than ever, society’s need for mobility and the transport of goods is raising new questions in the face of the ever-changing technological, economic and ecological circumstances: How will we get around in an environmentally friendly and resource-efficient way in the future? Which concepts support flexibility yet are sustainable as well?
Play your part in designing the mobility concepts of tomorrow. Even as a student, you will develop your ideas and your resourcefulness as you undertake numerous projects, lab work and collaborations with industrial companies. You will learn to develop and build state of the art automotive parts and components. With your specialist knowledge, you will make subsequent generations fit for the future as well: during your initial phases of teaching practice at a vocational college, you will fill your pupils with the same enthusiasm you have for your subject.
Your Bachelor’s degree qualifies you to continue with Master programmes in engineering and education theory.
Would you like to pass on your passion for engineering? Further information on training to teach at vocational colleges can be found at #LIEBERLEHRAMT.
Degree programme leaflet
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|Faculty||Mobility and Technology|
|Campus||Esslingen City Centre Campus|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||English/German|
For the summer semester: up to January 15thFor the winter semester: up to July 15th
|Information on admission requirements|
To be admitted to the degree programme in Engineering Education, applicants must provide proof they have successfully completed 12 weeks of pre-degree practical experience.
Academic subject: Automotive Engineering (~85%)
Application and Admission
Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Information on the admission requirements and application procedure can be found on the pages which describe the application process for our Bachelor programmes.
- Students wishing to take this degree programme must have pre-degree practical experience in a technical field. Further information can likewise be found on the pages which describe the application process for our Bachelor programmes.
Sought after and socially relevant
Engineering teachers who specialise in automotive engineering possess excellent specialist knowledge and skills. They are also able to pass their knowledge on to others. There will continue to be a demand for this combination on the job market.
Graduates can gain a foothold on the career ladder as an engineering specialist in a wide variety of fields and also undertake further training to teach the academic subjects needed for automotive engineering (FZT) or production engineering (FT).
- Embark on a career in industrial companies
- In the computation of automotive components
- In the testing of vehicles
- In quality assurance, technical documentation, or as a specialist or assessor
- As a project manager in vehicle and component development.
- Embark on a managerial career in occupational training and personnel management
- Continue your studies with a Master programme in the theory of education before starting your probationary teacher training for vocational colleges as a higher grade civil servant
Teach academic subjects with higher grade civil servant status.
Unique, flexible, and practice oriented
Esslingen is one of the five universities of applied sciences in Baden-Württemberg to offer this unique opportunity to study for a multifaceted Bachelor in Engineering Education: It paves the way for you to become an engineer, and also gives you the option to go into teaching.
Engineering specialist or engineering teacher? You don’t have to decide until you have completed your Bachelor programme!
At Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, you will work in informal study groups: You will receive individually tailored advice and enjoy a good student/teacher ratio.
You will not only benefit from the excellent and varied courses offered by the Faculty of Automotive Engineering, but also from its close collaboration with local industrial companies. In addition, the collaborations it has established with the University of Tübingen and Ludwigsburg University of Education ensure the theory of education in professional training module is practice based and high quality.