Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.)
Formerly: Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.)
Interesting and varied
“Can you think of any modern equipment which isn’t powered by electricity?”
Electric mobility, medical engineering, Smart Homes, wind farms and solar power plants, smart household appliances, autonomous vehicles, e-bikes, .... the list goes on and on, and as an electrical engineer you will be involved in developing the future in all these fields.
The Electrical Engineering degree programme at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is a cutting edge, broadly based programme which not only equips you with skills in electrical and electronic engineering but also provides you with comprehensive knowledge of software development and information technology.
It incorporates a large number of laboratory-based courses and periods of practical experience which allow you to gain lots of practical skills in addition. The Electrical Engineering degree programme at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences is not aimed at one particular sector of industry, and thus enables you to gain a foothold in all sectors of engineering. During your integrated internship and while working on your Bachelor thesis, which is almost always done in an industrial environment, you can familiarise yourself with a number of companies and industrial sectors and thus find the career of your dreams.
Join the team in Esslingen and take the first step on your career ladder as an electrical engineer. We look forward to getting to know you.
Great results in the German rankings for the Electrical Engineering degree programme at Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- CHE University ranking published in the ZEIT newspaper: the Electrical Engineering degree programme achieved a place in the top group in five categories.
- Wirtschaftswoche: //8th place among all universities of applied sciences in Germany
Degree programme leaflet
Applicable until summer term 2020: Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.)
Applicable from winter term 2020/21: Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.)
- Academic director:Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tilo Strobelt
Virtual campus tour - “Let’s take a look!”
Facts and Figures - at a glance
|Degree awarded||Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)|
|Faculty||Mobility and Technology|
|Number of semesters||7|
|Language of instruction||German|
For the summer semester: up to January 15thFor the winter semester: up to July 15th
|Information on admission requirements|
New: as of WS 2020/21, pre-degree practical experience is no longer required!
Application and Admission
- Please submit your application for this degree programme via the Hochschulstart.de portal.
- Information on the admission requirements and application procedure can be found on the pages which describe the application process for our Bachelor programmes.
- New: as of WS 2020/21 pre-degree practical experience is no longer required!
The curriculum for the degree programme and detailed descriptions of the programme modules are contained in the Module Catalogue.Module Catalogue Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering (B.Eng.) (German Version)
Technical specialist or manager:
- in industrial companies in various sectors
- at energy supply companies
- at research institutions and public authorities
- engaged on the development of modern technologies for E-mobility, for example
- engaged on the generation and distribution of renewable energy.