Applications for entry into a higher semester
Application deadlines and procedures
Applications may be made until 15 January (summer semester) and 15 July (winter semester). Applications to enter a higher semester cannot be made online.
Please obtain an application form from the Admissions Office.
- In the technical/engineering and management degree programs it is only possible to apply to enter the main part of the degree program/the second degree qualification;
- In the degree program in Social Work such applications are only possible in the main or second part of the degree program;
- In the degree programs in Education and Development in Childhood, Nursing Management and Nursing Teacher Education it is only possible to apply for the 2nd, 4th and 6th semester in the summer semester and the 3rd, 5th and 7th semester in the winter semester.
It is only possible to apply to enter a higher semester (in 1 and 2 above) if you have completed the first part of a degree program in a comparable subject at a university of applied sciences and are still entitled to take the examinations.
An application to enter a higher semester (in 3 above) is only possible if you are registered on a comparable degree program at a university of applied sciences, you are still entitled to take the examinations and you have had an advisory interview concerning the degree program contents with the academic director of the degree program.
Please note that you can only enter the degree programs in Mechatronics and Automotive Engineering in the 1st semester.
You should include the following documents with your application which must arrive by the application deadline:
- Application form for entry into a higher semester
- A copy of your university entrance qualifications
- Evidence of vocational qualifications or a pre-degree period of work experience; some degree programs require a 12-week period of work experience. The syllabus of the vocational training and the cases in which a pre-degree period of work experience is required can be found in the leaflet "Regulations for the pre-degree period of work experience (in German)
- Certification of successful completion of the first part of your degree program (only applications under 1 and 2 above), e.g. certificate of successful completion of part 1 or preliminary Bachelor's degree program examinations
- Certification of pre-degree periods of work/study or certification of exmatriculation/deregistration
- Certification of an advisory interview concerning the degree program contents with the academic director of the degree program (only for applications under 3 above).
At registration, the student's entitlement to take the examinations must also be documented.