Applications for higher semesters
Application deadlines and procedures
Applications can be submitted by the 15th of January at the latest for the summer semester and by the 15th of July at the latest for the winter semester. Applications for entry into a higher semester cannot be made online.
Please obtain an application form from the admission office.
- In the technical and management degree programmes it is only possible to apply to enter the advanced study period/the second degree qualification;
- In the degree programme Social Work it is only possible to apply to enter the advanced study period/the second degree qualification;
- In the degree programmes Childhood Education, Nursing Management and Nursing Teacher Education it is only possible to apply for the 2nd, 4th and 6th semester in the summer semester and the 3rd, 5th and 7th semester in the winter semester.
It is only possible to apply for a higher semester (in 1 and 2 above) if you have completed the first part of a degree programme in a comparable course of studies at a university of applied sciences and are still entitled to take examinations.
An application for a higher semester (in 3 above) is only possible if you are registered in a comparable degree programme at a university of applied sciences, you are still entitled to take examinations and you have had an advisory interview concerning the degree programme with the academic director of the degree programme.
Please note that you can only apply for the 1st semester in the degree programmes in Mechatronics and Automotive Engineering.
Following documents have to be submitted within the application deadline:
- Application form for entry into a higher semester
- A copy of your university entrance qualifications
- Evidence of vocational qualifications or a pre-degree period of work experience; some degree programmes require a 12-week period of work experience. The syllabus of the vocational training and the cases in which a pre-degree period of work experience is required can be found in the leaflet "Regulations for the pre-degree period of work experience (in German)
- Certification of successful completion of the first part of your degree programme (only applications under 1 and 2 above), e.g. certificate of successful completion of part 1 or preliminary Bachelor's degree programme examinations
- Certification of pre-degree periods of work/study or certification of exmatriculation/deregistration
- Certification of an advisory interview concerning the degree programme contents with the academic director of the degree programme (only for applications under 3 above).
At registration, the student's entitlement to take examinations must also be documented.